Following the success of the inaugural 2020 Juvenile series for two- and three-year old pacers. The IHRA are delighted to announce this year’s series worth €80,000, in partnership with York Raceway and will be sponsored by Black Horse.
This year, the Juvenile series will have four elimination heats in Ireland across all its venues and four eliminations at York Raceway where horses will be awarded their final points from their total accumulated points from across the four eliminations for one final in each division.
Despite being advertised late into the season last year, the IHRA were pleased to secure over fifty entries and we hope to grow the series even more this year. The unique offering of the Juvenile series is that it allows owners and trainers have several bites of the cherry, in competing in four separate races for substantial money before competing in the main finals. All in all, nominated horses are eligible to compete in 5 races and it is definitely worth its weight when summing up your stake’s races for your youngsters this year.
Two Year Old Colts Two Year Old Fillies Three Year Old Colts Three Year Old Fillies
Four Race Day Eliminators:
At York Raceway : (July, August, September x 2)
In Ireland : (July, August, September x 2)
Finals Day: €10,000 Purse Final per Division at Portmarnock in October
- Divisions will need a minimum of three horses to run separately and should there be less than three entered, the fillies and colts will combine, with preference given to fillies on the gate.
- A maximum of 10 horses per division will compete in each eliminator
- The purse will be increased by 50% and both fillies and colts will each receive the finishing points as above should both divisions need to be combined.
- Each Heat Division will have a purse of €1,250
- Top Eight horses from each Division go into Finals (if horses finish on the same points, the horse with the best placings throughout the series goes through)
- Horses with highest points in each Division draw first for Final Position
- The points awarded for each eliminator will be as follows: 1st -16points, 2nd -8points, 3rd-4points, 4th – 2 points, 5th– 1 point
- Race distance for heats and final is 1 mile.
- Once Horse is nominated it will be liable for all sustaining fees once they fall due unless written confirmation is received by IHRA withdrawing Horse from series before due date.
- Prize money is based and calculated on 100 entries
Nomination Details: Nomination Fee €200 by 20th January 2021
1st Sustaining Fee €200 by 15th February 2021
2nd Sustaining Fee €200 by 15th March 2021
*Please note: For every nomination received, the IHRA will subscribe €100 towards the prize fund.
*Every 2 Year Old nominated in 2021 series and subsequently nominated in the 3 Year Old Series in 2022 will receive a 25% reduction in their 2022 nomination fees.